September was such a busy (often stressful) month. However – it’s been sprinkled with some fantastic downtime and (really fun) proofreading jobs. October is going to be INSANELY GOOD, I can feel it.
Some favourites from the month of September:
- The new McEwan book (The Children Act) – I was so excited about this book, that I bought it twice! I pre-ordered it months ago from The Book Depository, but when I saw it at a bookshop and hadn’t received it in the mail yet (and wouldn’t for over 5 days…), I had to buy it. It’s not my favourite McEwan, but it was bloody brilliant. When’s his next one out? #favouriteauthor
- Planning for a Lake District trip with my two best friends – I AM SO EXCITED. WE ARE SO EXCITED. EVERYONE SHOULD BE EXCITED.
- New glasses! – I’ve been needing to wear glasses more often lately, and I definitely needed new ones (the ones I had been using had been bought when I was about 15 years old…) These are quirky and gorgeous.
- Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-Powder – this is a dry shampoo and “style extender”. It’s very luxurious (but pricey). It really works though.
- Bumble and Bumble thickening full form mousse – I’m definitely a mousse girl when it comes to hair products. My hair routine is simply: shampoo, condition/treatment, mousse, oil (optional). This mousse isn’t the usual “type” of mousse that I usually enjoy (i.e. defined curls), but it really gives my hair a thick, volumised look, and definitely feels like the expensive product it is (thankfully).
- A wonderful guest TILT
- A ridiculously excellent party with a Highly Excellent woman
- Mozzarella sticks
- Two crazy-fun weddings
- Indian food
- Wonderful people that miraculously exist :)
- The annual Malta Mediterranean Literature Festival
- Getting the hang of work more and more every day (so much pride, I could burst)
- A splendid pancake date with my two besties
- A beautiful christening of one of my boyfriend’s cousin’s children
- Being so excited about October – a trip to the Lake District (including a day-trip to DURHAM!!!!!), dinner at Aziamendi, several weddings – such a pity that I’m missing Notte Bianca though, especially since a friend is going to be cooking up a storm as part of the L-Ikla t-Tajba pop-up kitchen at Castille Place. Please go and have a vegan burger instead of me! She’s the best.
- Some of my favourite TV series starting up again
- An absolutely killer party
- The loveliest colleagues I could ever wish for
- “To us, qal-marelli” <3
Hope your September has been equally happifying. Let’s enjoy October to the fullest. Can I use the C word? Because I’m excited.