One of my favourite long-time readers, Hillary, sent me a card for my 26th birthday this year (an absolutely fantastic Roald Dahl card!), and she included a giant list of 26 things she’s challenged me to complete by the time I turn 27. Sheesh. Well, I’m excited.
Let’s take a look at the list in detail:
- Plant or grow something
- Pay 26 strangers a compliment
- Wear something you made yourself
- Travel by boat
- Read Le Petit Prince in French
- Eat dessert before dinner
- Write a letter to a friend you haven’t spoken to in ages
- Keep an elderly person company
- Watch the movie God Help the Girl
- On your next trip, take a disposable camera then develop the photos
- Go out and spend all day walking, no public transport
- Run at least 5km
- Cook a 3-course meal of new recipes
- Go on a spur-of-the-moment adventure – don’t stop to overthink!
- Challenge: spend a week sans make-up, natural beauty only
- Send your mum surprise flowers, just because – show your parents you appreciate them without a special occasion ^^
- Write a poem (limerick, ode to Dave, epic about your cat – your call!)
- Dance in the kitchen
- Do something for charity
- Make a birthday card instead of buying one
- Fly a kite, relive childhood!
- Make a mixtape for someone else
- Challenge: unplug from social media for a week (though your blog doesn’t count – I’d miss it!)
- Try a new hairstyle
- Order at a restaurant in Luxembourgish
- Watch Amélie in French
What a list! I’ve already finished a few since turning 26 (4 and 18, par exemple), while some sound impossible (13, 23, 25), but I’m terribly exciting about completing as many as possible by the time March 2016 rolls around. Thanks so much for the awesome birthday “gift”, Hillary! I’m hoping to post a couple of update posts as the year goes on.