The lovely Dorianne tagged me for a ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’ on her blog a couple of weeks ago. My tasks are to list 11 facts about myself and to answer questions set by Dorianne. (I should also come up with 11 questions myself and tag people – but I’m settling on just answering Dorianne’s questions, and if anyone would like to do the tag, just go ahead and share some facts about yourself on your own blog!) :)
11 facts about myself:
1. I’ve spent the entirety of my adult life (6 and a half years up till now) as a full-time university student.
2. I’m more of a sunset than a sunrise kind of person.
3. I’m a cat person, not a dog person (although some dogs do make my heart go all a-flutter – like corgis) – however, I’d like to have a kitten and a puppy at some point of my life, and have them grow up together and be all adorable and an integral part of my family.
4. History and English literature are my two favourite school subjects.
5. My everyday outfit/uniform has become dress + cardigan + tights (and just “dress” in the summer), so that’s what I’m usually wearing. I think I’ve only worn trousers a handful of times in the past 3 years.
6. I’m a nail biter.
7. Proofreading is one of my favourite activities – I can’t wait to get back into taking a bunch of jobs once my own thesis is ready.
8. One of my favourite vegetables is asparagus.
9. I’m scared about the future, and yet I’m very ambitious (I’d like to live abroad again, have incredibly satisfying jobs, make a lot of money, make the world a better place, write a book or two or seven, and more and more and more).
10. I am a feminist. (Duh.)
11. I’m one of the most reliable people I know.
Answering 11 questions:
1. Name one thing which makes you smile.
Seeing my parents, boyfriend, and close friends genuinely happy.
2. What’s one beauty trend that you just can’t stand?
(Technically a fashion trend, but still sort of on the same vein…) Professional women wearing crazy high heels. I can’t stand groups of lawyers walking around Valletta with the women being held back as they’re trying to keep up due to their ridiculous high heels. No, thank you.
3. Dogs or cats?
Eek, already answered this in my 11 Facts above. Cats.
4. Your best bargain so far?
A lot of things I buy from Primark which turn out to be of really good quality. Whenever that happens, I realise two years later that I’m still wearing the same thing and it’s still in great condition. For example, a duck print dress I bought from Primark a couple of years ago. Still going strong, and I still wear it a few times a month.
5. Your favourite childhood movie?
The Lion King.
6. Who’s your favourite author? (you can only pick one)
7. Have you made any new year’s resolutions for this year?
8. What’s something you’ve done that, perhaps, changed your life to the better?
Entered an essay competition which earned me a place at a summer school at the University of Iceland.
9. Which is worse: too much perfume or body odour?
Too much body odour, I guess.
10. If you could be any influential person for a day who would you be and why?
The President of the USA.
11. Something you’re craving for right now?
Deep fried cheese. I’m not the healthiest, am I?
This was great fun.