The incredibly sweet Maya asked me (and some other bloggers) a few questions, which I thought I’d answer in a post today.
1. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve blogged since I was in my early teens, but I took a decisive step in forging my own proper little space on the Internet on 1 January 2011. I absolutely adore it, and it’s still very surprising to be approached by people saying that they love visiting my blog every so often.
2. Is there one international blogger whose style you admire most, or aspire to be like?
I cannot just pick one. Blogs have been my life for so many years, I can’t even remember when I ever started reading and following them. Recent loves: Sophie, Swiss Miss, A Beautiful Mess, Luce, Rosie.
3. What are your top three summer essentials?
Lip balm, sunglasses, and sun cream.
4. Naked face or naked nails?
5. What are you reading at the moment?
I’m actually reading a book about another book: Mary Wollstonecraft’s A Vindication of the Rights of Women.
6. What’s your most recent beauty or fashion related purchase?
I bought a couple of dresses (and a skirt and a blazer) from Promod a few days ago in their July Sale. Some beautiful bits.
7. How do you feel about fashion or beauty trends? A definite must, or more like guidelines that you might incorporate into your own style if you like them?
I love spotting new trends, but rarely try anything out myself. I have my own little comfortable style with regard to fashion and beauty which I rarely stray from, but I do sometimes like to give a few trends a go. I’ve never tried peplum, for example, but sometimes love trying out the latest hyped-up beauty product.
8. One thing you’re planning to do this summer?
Work throughout! And survive. And plan the future. And actually receive my notarial warrant. (I know, these are more than “one thing”…)
9. Are you strict with yourself when it comes to scheduling your blogging, or do you prefer to blog as inspiration hits you?
One thing I find really useful is that I have set days when I post certain types of blog posts – like my almost-never-missed-one Things I Love Thursday posts, or my Music Mondays, and my semi-regular photo mishmashes on a Sunday. This means that there’s always personal, regular content on my blog, but there’s plenty of space for spontaneous posts for whenever inspiration strikes.
10. One tip or trick you’ve learnt that helps you with your blogging?
Scheduling! I didn’t really used to embrace it a few years ago, but in the last couple of years it’s been absolutely instrumental in ensuring regular posts, especially when I have other deadlines to meet. It’s great to know that posts will be going up in the following weeks, and I don’t need to worry about the fact that there’s going to be any huge lull in content on my blog.
11. If you had an unlimited budget, where would you love to travel to?
OH-MY-GOD this is a dream question. My answer? A bunch of really remote or hard-to-get-to places in the world. And North Korea. And New Zealand. And Iceland, always. And everywhere else, please, actually. OOH, AND I’M DYING TO VISIT IRAN. Just give me the unlimited budget, and I’ll be off.
Thanks again to Maya for the awesome questions. :)