What a huge bunch of product favourites I have for you this month! Unfortunately, however, December has, quite frankly, been a bit of a disaster. I had high hopes for Lots of Productivity and Lots of Happy Bursts of Life-Living, but it all went a little downhill somewhere (that is, in lots of places). I’m still super grateful for all the wonderful things in my life, and I did go to Florence and had a lovely Christmas, but things still seem quite glum for me. Oh well. The bad side of the fear and uncertainty of being alive, I guess.
This won’t stop me from compiling a few favourites!
- Ojon hair oil – after reading about this on The Private Life of a Girl, I was so intrigued and had-to-have-it. My parents went on a trip to Brussels recently and my Mum lovingly popped into a Sephora and bought me a bottle. It makes my curls look awesome, so that’s all I have to say.
- NARS radiant creamy concealer – this is another purchase from a Sephora on the continent. There have been so many rave reviews about this, and every time my Dad goes to Brussels/Luxembourg, I ask him to buy it for me, but it has always been sold out – until a few weeks ago! It really is lovely and creamy and effective yet brightening.
- LUSH Celebrate body lotion (the name is different because it’s the French version) – this is a Christmastime-only limited edition LUSH body lotion, and it is OUTSTANDING. So thick and creamy and festive. The tub is massive too, so it will definitely last a long while.
- NUXE Rêve de Miel lip balm (20% off right now!) – this has also been raved about a lot on beauty blogs and vlogs, and it took me a while to finally purchase, but I can see what the fuss is about. It’s not a lip balm you’re going to apply during the day while you’re out, but it’s such a wonderful ‘deep’ moisturising creamy honey balm for the lips. I love using it after exfoliating my lips.
- LUSH Rose Jam shower gel – when this came out as a special Christmas product, I HAD to have it. I love everything rose scented, and this glorious shower gel is such a scent experience. A really lovely shower gel in the cleaning/freshening camps too.
- Bioderma Créaline H₂O solution – this is hands down the best thing to take off make-up. It doesn’t sting or irritate, and it does the job really quickly and super effectively. Since it’s been the Christmas period and there have been a lot of days during which I’ve put on eye make-up, this has been particularly awesome this past month.
- H&M eau de toilette in Fig & Plum and Macadamia (can’t find a link to this!) – I bought these from the H&M in Florence, on a whim, for about 5 euros. They’re roll-on perfumes, and they’re so beautifully-scented and easy to use. I’ve become a real fan of them.
- Benefit Instant brow pencil – this is perfect. Subtle and enhances a made-up face just that tiny bit, making it look a little more polished. I love it.
- How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran (40% off at the moment!) – I read this book this month and loved it. It doesn’t get a whole 5 stars from me, because I’m not too sure about a few things, but it does get a chunky 4 star rating.
- Christmas – obviously.
- Eating out – it’s quite possibly not the smartest way to spend money, but I really do love it (and my boyfriend does too). With our trip to Florence this month, it meant that we certainly went out for our fair share of meals in restaurants.
- New discoveries – edible ones, of course. Cantuccini with vin santo(!!), a tonne of Chianti wine, Florentine steak, crazy-amazing pannacotta, among others.
- Compiling a tonne of awesome gift guides for Christmastime.
- Graduation celebrations (including the Best Ball Ever).
January promises to be very busy and stressful, and will also herald in the year that is 2014. I’m not looking forward to it, I must say. Particularly the first 6 months. Also, the second 6 months, since (for the first time in my life) I don’t have the foggiest idea what I’m going to be doing and where I’m going to be living. I’m scared.