February has been a strange, quiet little month. I was sick for about a week, and I’ve spent most of it indoors, quietly working on proofreading jobs and other things. My boyfriend’s birthday weekend was an absolute highlight, and we ate so much good food and visited such pretty places.
Quite a few pictured favourites this month:
- Eucerin lip balm – this came out a little out of focus in the photo, but it’s been the real star of the month, particularly when I was all sick and cooped up indoors with the heating cranked up. It’s actually my boyfriend’s, but I’ve definitely “borrowed” it almost every day this month. So soothing, especially after using the lip scrub mentioned below.
- Milka Cranchito – I found this at Auchan to eat as a snack on the bus ride home. It’s seriously MIND-BLOWING. It’s like savoury bacon-crisps (no bacon in it though, I think) coated in Milka chocolate. I would like a bucket of these, please.
- A HEMA notebook and pen – these have been my trusty sidekicks every day while I scribble in to-do lists and do sums and write notes while doing Coursera courses
- LUSH Popcorn lip scrub – absolutely heavenly smell and taste, and just the best scrub for parched lips in the middle of winter
- LUSH Ocean Salt scrub – I’ve used a whole tub of this before, but I got a little tester pot a few weeks ago, and I’ve fallen back in love. How can vodka and sea salt make my skin feel so soft? <3
- LUSH Prince Charming shower gel – this is just perfect for February – marshmallow, vanilla, pomegranate goodness
- LUSH Cupid’s Love soap – I am over-the-top obsessed with this soap, and have been using it as a hand soap about a million times a day
- LUSH Kalamazoo beard and facial wash – I had bought this for Dave, my boyfriend, but after seeing it in the shower I decided to give it a go, and it is such a heavenly facial cleanser, mmm
- The Body Shop Vanilla Brulee body polish – this was a ‘welcome to Luxembourg’ present from a very sweet friend, and I’ve been loving how moisturising it is and how amazing in smells
- Glov make-up remover – this has been a fantastic little discovery over the past few weeks – a magical glove which removes make-up super-easily without having to use any actual make-up remover. I kind of want to buy everyone one.
- Starting a Music Mondays playlist (on the suggestion of the lovely Hillary)
- More furniture
- Lunch (and coffee) (and shopping) with my new favourite Italian – the lovely Valentina, who is also a blogger
- Writing about my first month in Luxembourg
- Baking an apple pie very successfully (still haven’t taken the leap towards non-shop-bought pastry though…)
- Making a delicious beef and ale stew very successfully as well (in our new Le Creuset pot <333)
- Coursers courses (I’m doing one on Advertising and Society, and another on Property and Liability)
- A huge mountain of new and exciting proofreading jobs
- Fun gigs at a venue in Luxembourg called Exit07 – discovering lots of new interesting bands and artists
- Making a list about things I bought on my first outing in Luxembourg
- Going to a bloggers’ event at Vapiano
- Celebrating Buergbrennen (a winter festival/event where a massive cross is burnt to try and expel winter)
- My boyfriend’s birthday weekend
- Lots of planning and scheming and scribbling with regard to my proofreading business (including the slow compiling of an FAQs page!)
March promises to be a little more exciting, what with the beginning of spring, and my birthday! See you on the other side. :)