Annelise is my original bestie. We met at drama classes when we were 8 years old, and we hit it off immediately. Our friendship completely solidified at age 16, when we were studying together for our A’ levels, and then the rest is history. She’s one of the most special people in the whole world, she is ever-resourceful in any situation, and she always manages to trip over something or other every time we meet. I love her oh-so-much.
It took a while before I coaxed her into compiling a list of her favourite feelings, but once she got going, it seems that she loved the task.
Here are some of her favourite feelings:
- Being on stage and the adrenaline before performing.
- The excitement before watching a performance.
- Crawling into a warm bed after a long day.
- Playing football.
- Watching Juventus play.
- Jumping into the sea on a hot summer day and enjoying the instant coolness.
- Sitting down outside on a calm summer afternoon in Malta and reading a nice book.
- Having a nice meal in good company accompanied by some nice wine.
- Hugs – particularly my mum’s hugs which are always the warmest and strongest.
- Being with my family.
- Hanging out with my friends and the warmth and joy I feel when I sit back for a moment to appreciate how happy they are together.
- Praying and knowing that I’m not alone.
- When the sun shines on me and I immediately think of home.
- Watching TV on the sofa at home.
Send me your own favourite feelings (email@example.com). :)