Eline is one of my most special friends. We had met at an AEGEE Summer University in Leiden, The Netherlands, six years ago, and we’ve been good friends ever since. She visited me in Malta a few years ago, and we constantly keep in touch through snail mail, emails and Facebook messages. She’s also one of the hugest supporters of my blog, and it was so great to hear that she wanted to contribute some of her favourite feelings too.
Eline is Dutch (Frisian, to be exact). She’s a dancer, a historian, and an all-round wonderful human being. She’s no-nonsense, beautiful, and always writes me the perfect emails and messages.
Here are a few of her favourite feelings:
- Dancing. I have been dancing as long as I can remember and no matter at what point I am in my life, dancing is the one thing I always come back to. When I dance it is like my body and mind move at the same speed and breathing becomes this easy and natural thing. It is magical. It is truly like ‘electricity’ from Billy Elliot.
- Crawling up into a comfortable chair with a soft blanket and a good book watching a movie or series.
- Waking up in the morning, realising it is weekend and I can sleep some more.
- Feeling the sun shining on my skin.
- Cooking for my family and friends and seeing them having a good time. I just love being surrounded by family and friends in general and spending quality time with them.
- Hanging with my mum, who is the most wonderful person I know. Ever.
- Having deep, heartfelt conversations.
- Taking a deep breath of fresh air when it is freezing outside.
- Ice skating on natural ice when the sun is shining, the skies are blue and it is freezing.
- Walking at the beach and feeling the wind blow in my face and smelling the particular salty smell of the Waddenzee (believe me, it’s not this magical deep blue sea, but it has a wonderful smell).
- Making a cup of freshly brewed coffee in the morning (or better: having a wonderful person make me a cup of coffee).
Send me your own list of favourite feelings on email@example.com.