May! It’s been a very, very busy month, but full of fun and adventure. A German friend visited, and we went on a couple of day trips in the Luxembourgish countryside, we went on a long-weekend trip to Antwerp (in Belgium), and we visited a lovely local market too. Work has been absolutely non-stop hectic, but I’ve had a lot of fun with a variety of super-super-interesting stuff.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – I’m still halfway through this book, but hoping to finish it soon. It’s a great read – a flowing thriller. I hope its ending is good.
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – an AMAZING book. It was a birthday present from my best friend Annelise, and it opened my MIND and was just a fascinating read. So beautiful.
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – I read this teensy book on a 15-minute bus ride (this was a present from my other best friend, Anna) and it’s clearly required reading for everyone. I wish I could set out my thoughts and arguments as clearly as this woman.
- Nux nut spreads (cashew dream) – I bought a 4-pack of these amazing nut spreads at a local market a week ago, but the absolute highlight was the cashew nut version. I would like a 1kg version of it, ASAP. (It’s actually sold out right now, which causes me a lot of sadness.)
- Shu Uemura eyelash curlers – game.changers. I’ve always used an eyelash curler, but I’ve been using the same ones for about 10 years (ick, I know – although I used to change the refillable pads, at least). Now I have shiny new ones, and they’re amazing. I’m wide-eyed and happy.
- Promod handbag – I desperately needed a little handbag to carry essentials. It has tassels and goes with everything. I love it.
- Work (yes, I mention it all the time – but, as a freelancer, it’s often dangerously close to being my life 24/7) – I’ve been monumentally busy during May, but at least I’m thoroughly enjoying it.
- Having my Dad visit me in Luxembourg while he was on a work trip
- Connecting with friends back in Malta, feeling as if I’m still as close as ever
- Making new friends in Luxembourg
- Fresh flowers (they’re magical and, even though it might feel like a waste of money, they’re so worth it)
- Writing about 26 tasks I’ve been challenged to complete by my 27th birthday
- My new laptop! (This really should have been in my pictured favourites…)
- Snapchat (clairebonello)
- A fantastic few days discovering the beautiful countryside of Luxembourg while our German friend Anke was visiting
- Discovering the city of Antwerp
- Seeing an old friend in Antwerp
- Going to a LUSH event and adoring the new products (as always)
- Going to my beautiful friend Valentina’s wedding! And taking some gorgeous photos.
June will include quite a bit of travelling, and more proofreading (although work should die down a little after being hectic-hectic-hectic for a couple of months). I’m off to Malta for a wedding, and then off to Rock Werchter(!!) – can’t wait.
Hope everyone has a splendid June! Get yourself to the beach while it’s still refreshing ;)