My blog was going through a bit of a wonky phase this summer/autumn (from a technical point of view) – links weren’t showing up properly on Facebook, things were going terribly wrong, and it was just an overall bad time for the site.
BUT I had compiled a September favourites, and I don’t want it to go to waste. So here it is. In December.
Anyway, September was an interesting month. Autumn started to ease its way in here in Luxembourg, and I had a delightful visit to Malta where I helped my best friend pack up and leave for a year in London, attended a gorgeous wedding, and just had some good old time with the Mediterranean Sea.
Hope everyone had a good September (and October… and November…) :)
September was such a busy (often stressful) month. However – it’s been sprinkled with some fantastic downtime and (really fun) proofreading jobs. October is going to be INSANELY GOOD, I can feel it.
Some favourites from the month of September:
- The new McEwan book (The Children Act) – I was so excited about this book, that I bought it twice! I pre-ordered it months ago from The Book Depository, but when I saw it at a bookshop and hadn’t received it in the mail yet (and wouldn’t for over 5 days…), I had to buy it. It’s not my favourite McEwan, but it was bloody brilliant. When’s his next one out? #favouriteauthor
- Planning for a Lake District trip with my two best friends – I AM SO EXCITED. WE ARE SO EXCITED. EVERYONE SHOULD BE EXCITED.
- New glasses! – I’ve been needing to wear glasses more often lately, and I definitely needed new ones (the ones I had been using had been bought when I was about 15 years old…) These are quirky and gorgeous.
- Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-Powder – this is a dry shampoo and “style extender”. It’s very luxurious (but pricey). It really works though.
- Bumble and Bumble thickening full form mousse – I’m definitely a mousse girl when it comes to hair products. My hair routine is simply: shampoo, condition/treatment, mousse, oil (optional). This mousse isn’t the usual “type” of mousse that I usually enjoy (i.e. defined curls), but it really gives my hair a thick, volumised look, and definitely feels like the expensive product it is (thankfully).
Hope your September has been equally happifying. Let’s enjoy October to the fullest. Can I use the C word? Because I’m excited.
This month’s Favourites post is here! It’s been a tough little month. I’ve freaked out since September 1st about the fact that a new academic year is approaching, and now it’s almost here, and I’m a million times more scared. It’s looking like it’s going to be a tough 9+ months.
Anyway – favourite things!
- Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat – my No7 top coat got a little gloopy and has almost finished recently, so I took advantage of a lookfantastic.com sale and bought this one, which is allegedly The Best Top Coat Ever of Life, and it’s seriously delivering. The perfect finishing touch to a pretty nail polish colour.
- Godiva Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel – a ridiculously delicious treat from my Dad’s recent trip to Brussels.
- Various things I’ve been using in my shower (a post about these will be up soon)
- Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry lip balm – lovely, shiny, tasty.
- The final proofreading jobs of the summer
- The return of so many television shows
- The Great British Bake Off – cannot get enough
- Fresh juices
- A white chocolate and lemon macaron I had at a place called Culto last week – YUM
- A really successful book haul post
- Finishing books
See you on the other side of October!