Last year, I finally took the plunge and purchased a Frankie Daily Journal (the previous year, I had wanted one but they had sold out too quickly!). I had seen a lot of good things about them online over the years, but it’s a different thing to own one. I just wanted to jot down a few thoughts about it, since it’s been quite special to have a daily journal at hand for a year – not something I usually do. (I usually stick to jotting things down on my Google Calendar, and that’s about it).
This diary is a beautiful little book – and feels so luxurious. The almost-square shape is so pretty, and it’s going to look gorgeous on a shelf when I’m done with it. It’s lovely to have something to keep my thoughts and special moments from a particular time jotted down, even if I did neglect the journal for a few months this year… I hope I’ll be more consistent next year! (Yes, I’ve already ordered the 2015 one, and I’m so excited to fill it in with thoughts from a new life in Luxembourg.)
Now, let’s talk about what’s inside. The journal is SO FULL of things:
- A ribbon to track your place.
- A pocket at the back to keep whatever you need to keep.
- Delightful patterns (that change with the month!)
- Gorgeous illustrations.
- Month “front pages” that are like little paintings.
- Little bookmark-style pull-out lists.
- A couple of pages showing the whole year.
- Pages showing each month.
- A little double-page year-view calendar just for birthdays.
- Oh-so-many more things.
It goes unsaid that this would make a fantastic present, and I highly recommend this beautiful journal. (So totally can’t wait for the 2015 one to arrive in the mail and to start using it!)