This has been a toughie. I simply cannot narrow it down. (And that’s leaving aside the fact that there are A KAZILLION awesome blogs out there, many of which I am sadly unaware.) But here are 11 blogs that I’ve particularly loved during 2011:
1. Yes and Yes – A classic. One of the loveliest blogs ever, and super-highly recommended.
2. Swiss Miss – Where on earth does this lady find all her wonderful links, products, and quotes? Most posts on this site will be the best you’ve read all day.
3. Gala Darling – She’s what I like to call the Mother of all Lady Bloggers. And she doesn’t even seem all that motherly! She’s been at it for years, and her posts with lists on how to make your life brighter, happier, and so on are my favourites.
4. Cupcakes and Cashmere – I used to follow this blog a while ago, but then didn’t really keep myself updated. Earlier this year, however, I rediscovered the absolute beauty of this blog, and now I simply adore the daily posts of utterly gorgeous clothes, food, and design.
5. Lifehacker – Not really a blog at all, but I’ve been in love with this amazing website for years and years. Great tips, tricks and hacks for every problem you didn’t even know you had.
6. Charade – Always a favourite. Cheerful blogs with pretty pictures, and Megan is a lovely girl.
7. A Cup of Jo – This blog always gives me nice things to look at, and the writing is so fantastic and effective. Love.
8. Unruly Things – Gorgeous clothes and links.
9. Accidentally, Kle – An adorable Maltese lady living in England with such a lovely blog. In the past year it’s also helped that she’s had her first baby (a.k.a. adorableness overload).
10. Afeitar – A librarian with a great sense of style that I often find myself trying hard to emulate. Also an amazing baker.
11. WishWishWish – Beautiful photos, clothes, and products featured here. Very dreamy, too.
Runners-Up: Flying Saucer, Always Something, Someday Hopes, Le Blog de Betty, The Cherry Blossom Girl, Nubby Twiglet, Smart Pretty and Awkward… SO MANY. It’s no surprise that my Google Reader is absolutely bursting. More lovely blogs have been featured earlier in the year, and there will certainly be lots more in the near future. (Also stay tuned for a Favourite Tumblogs post, and a Favourite Online Comics post!)